Friday 29 August 2008

Welcome to the Government (again) Anwar

Ok, those of you who aren't happy with the results of the Permatang Pauh By-Elections, raise your hands. Alright. Those of you who are ecstatic with the results, raise your hands. I thought so. I'd firstly like to congratulate Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim on winning the post. If you're reading this, which I doubt, I hope that with your new place in Parliament, this country will move to the better.

Now that Anwar is part of the Parliament, the presence of opposing parties is felt amongst BN-ers. Which is good. Because now that BN feel it, maybe they'd realize that Malaysians are finally beginning to accept the fact that there are (now) parties with potential to lead our country, with better candidates for the top job (sorry Abdullah).

I now begin to understand the Anwar-Saiful whatever-his-name thing. It's pretty obvious that Saiful whatever-his-name has exhausted all his other options, and chosen the Religious path of things. Yeah, whatever. So you swore under the Quran. Big deal. Alot of people are no longer scared of God. So the question now is, is Saiful one of them?

I honestly find it strange to try and get the attention of the out-of-town-ers by swearing under the Quran. (And by out-of-town-ers, I mean those people who still feel the presence of God when they prostrate to Him. Those who frown upon the very thought of men and women mingling in a coffee shop. Those who think arranged marriages are a way of life.) Maybe he did, but the fact of the matter is, the people of Permatang Pauh aren't quite kuno enough. If Anwar was contesting in Gambang (sorry), or Jinjang Utara (sorry again), maybe Saiful may have had an impact.

Honestly, I don't swing any way. First I thought that Saiful was just a Government stooge, but then certain things make me think otherwise. I think I'm going to leave it to God. Because He has already promised that those who do right, go to Paradise. And the Sinners will rot in Hell until his debt is paid. When that the debt is paid is not for me to decide, though.

No comments: