Tuesday 11 September 2007

Why?!

Recently, I read in a newspaper that a few teachers had leaked UPSR questions to a few students. I for one, every time the teachers make predictions on questions, I ignore them. But , because it was concerning UPSR exams, I was FORCED to listen.
My teachers, on the second day of the exam, made predictions on the 3rd day's papers. I listened to the English, paper 2 (composition) predictions. They predicted, question 1, an old man selling durians, question 2, either holidays or activities (or something of that sort), and question 3 (I was practically asleep by then), was an grateful old woman (grateful for what remained unknown until the following day).
The next day, I suddenly remembered what my teachers said. When the invigilators allowed us to check the papers for any sort of printing errors, I saw the 3 questions were smack on the previous day's predictions. I thought that the teachers merely made a correct prediction. But it was roughly a week later that this was no laughing matter.
It was the reading of that article that got my heart racing. 'UPSR again?' was the first thought that passed through my mind. I didn't think much of it, and figured that the government wouldn't bother with it unless the paper companies needed more money. I went to an aunt's house later that week, (she's in main-stream media, she knows EVERYTHING) she said the 'Kementerian' will release a verdict on whether or not to re do the exams.
What I want to know is why those stupid teachers had to give away the questions. Why be so worried? You taught them to the extent you can manage (not many of them do, sadly), let the kids handle themselves! If you did good (which they obviously didn't), they'll pass with flying colours. It's when you know that you didn't do good, that's when the guilt sets in. That's when you so stupidly leak the questions.
Now, you stupid teachers, have just made the kids you gave the questions to do it again. That's fair, but what isn't is that you just forced so many INNOCENT children do it again too. You helped 30 kids, how about the rest?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn, ur an old soul. I wish I wrote like this at ur age. Love ur posts