Sunday 16 September 2007

Is it just me?

The other day, my uncle saw a man on a motorcycle knocking the window of a vacant Perodua Kancil. When my uncle pretended to make a call to the police, the man left, and started on another car, just in eyeshot of my uncle. This time, he didn't take notice of my uncle, playing with his phone again.
It isn't just this crime that is accociated to motorcyclists today. They have earned many names, like 'Mat Rempit' and such. These rebellious acts of crime terrorise the streets of the nation. Despite expensive and extensive operations to fight these crimes, they still rage on through the night.
What JPJ is doing now is stopping the crime in action. What needs to be done is to look in to the history of these 'Mat Rempits'. It has been proven that by pshyciatrists that a troubled past can lead to an even more troubled future. We have to find a way to promote a healthy lifestyle to stop people becoming delinquents. 'But how?' isn't something i've figured out just yet.
Maybe having the same infrastructure for those living under minimum wage like in England. That is, assuming the government doesn't get anymore stingy with their funds. Or maybe have a centre to find jobs for, well, the job-less! I feel that this may help the rising motorcyclist problems. I hope someone will do something about this soon.

No comments: