Saturday 31 January 2009

Police Brutality: R.I.P Kugan.

I didn't catch on to this until late yesterday evening.

I was at home, reading blog postings when I found it.

Never to late to air an opinion, right?

Kugan died in police custody. And lets just say that death in the lockup happens too often here.

Now, police brutality isn't a new thing here. I've read about victims, and heard their story. It's just another form of power abuse. The same kind of abuse some of our ministers and public figures enjoy (when they have the right contacts, that is).

No, it's not pleasing to hear of these cases. The worst thing is that there are still no suspects on the matter yet.

I read in a book written by a cop. 'Cops don't like cops that rat out on other cops.'

So is that some kind of blatant sign that suggests this will never be solved?

I don't know. It might be. I'm sure it is.

But I know for sure that this'll never be solved. I refer to the statement above.

They'll just file it under 'Unsolved Deaths in Police Custody.' A file that is most definitely bulging.

And if anyone tries to bring the matter up, the 5-oh will just fire tear gas at them.

Right?

No comments: