Tuesday 4 May 2010

String Theory.

You know string theory, how everything & everyone is connected by these atomic strings, which vibrate at different frequencies, that result in a universal harmony?

Well, I think I saw string theory in action today.

On my Facebook account, a contact (who's a friend of a friend, really) wanted to swap BlackBerry® PINs after seeing me update Facebook via my BlackBerry® smartphone.

Now here's a gal who studies hundreds of miles away in Perth, Australia.

And by simply exchanging BlackBerry® PINs, I learnt that she actually lives in the same neighbourhood as I do.

Okay, please tell me that isn't amazing.

We spent the entire day on BlackBerry® Messenger, sending messages to & fro for hours. And I think we hit it off.

I'm now one friend stronger. =D

You see, this is string theory in its highest form. What moved her to ask for my PIN? What moved me to start a conversation?

And what on Earth moved us to share so much within a few hours?

After achieving So-Po Blogger status, I have declined many random requests to get to know me. I've become a public figure of sorts, to a point where people shout 'Choco!' in the streets. (This is despite me not actually revealing or posting a photograph of myself).

But I honestly don't know what possessed me to just pass her my PIN without thinking of the consequences.

And you know what the amazing this is? I don't regret it. Not one bit. Because this girl is, by far, the cutest, sweetest thing I have ever come across.

__________________________________________________________


String theory connects the world, at a sub-atomic level. Whatever happens in the universe actually pulls/tugs/lax-es the strings involved in the event, and thus creates a cosmic reaction.

A bit like the saying that when you sneeze, a tree waves lazily in the wind halfway across the world.

So next time you, say, make a friend, think of the amazing cosmic event that compelled you & your new friend to get together and create a new, lasting relationship.

Because I took a step back to look at the bigger picture. The cosmic picture. And it was awesome.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: