Sunday 29 November 2009

Kota Seputeh seat empty by court ruling!

I like this one.

Justice Alizatul Khair Osman Khairuddin, in a landmark decision, declares the Kota Seputeh, Kedah state seat vacant after the rep was absent for 2 consecutive meetings.

I like this for 2 reasons:

1. It shows that people in power are not above the law, and that the current judicial system is a lot more willing to push the envelope in the preservation of justice!
2. Justive Alizatul Khair Osman Khairuddin is my aunt. TeeHee.

The funny thing is that the EC filed for a stay on the ruling exclusively on cost issues, and they didn't cite any case laws to support their appeal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not their duty BY LAW to conduct an election in the event of a vacant seat? So what does funding have anything to do with it?

Datuk Abu Hassan Sharif, you are really thick! As an assemblyman, you ought to know the Kedah constitution by heart! You know that only the state Speaker can grant leave!

This made me wake up with a smile for the first time in years.

No comments: